Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
  • Sign Up

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Can kratom be used instead of methadone


jjoe

Recommended Posts

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Reputation:   125
  • Joined:  06/22/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Like the title says can kratom be used instead of methadone , any feedback welcome 

thank you 

jjoe 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • V.I.P Member

  • Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  674
  • Reputation:   466
  • Joined:  04/15/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Hmm, now...I have zero experience with Methadone I'm afraid, but my gut instinct would be that it can, but that it would be far weaker than what you're used to, and that the danger of a relapse might be there...

I know it's not comparable at all, but I've been using DeeHC and codeen for about 8 years, it was on a daily basis, but now I manage to take kratom on around 4 days out of every 7. I find that on the first kratom day I get bloody awful muscle aches, to the point I have to just lie in bed, and my stomach is awful too. This gets better as the days go on, but it's always a relief when I 'allow' myself to take my usual meds again.

Again, I know that my op!ate experience is far less severe than yours, but that's the only anecdotal evidence I can offer you.

I think you'd have to have large doses, perhaps 10g, taking that would be difficult and side effects of kratom could be very apparant. But it's helped me reduce my painkiller use, and it's definitely helped many people in your shoes. From what I'm read on the internet in many different places, yes, it can be done.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  243
  • Reputation:   149
  • Joined:  06/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

i should imagine it wont take away the withdrawals though would it. not much does lol

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Reputation:   125
  • Joined:  06/22/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

thank you both for your replys

jjoe

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  129
  • Reputation:   82
  • Joined:  11/12/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Kratom would be therapeutic lets say .I have tried it and did it hold my withdrawals to dhc ..Yes it did ,but it takes allot of will power at the same time .

My advice would be to check out all the strains look for a decent supplier and give it a go .There will only be two outcomes it will either work or it wont ,ive herd lots of stories where its helped allot ..Well more changed there lifes for the better , no one can say it works or not as everyone's differe4nt it may well help you cut down ..Give it a shot as its pretty cheap .

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest blissopifree 2

As far as I have re-serched kr@tom is good for the final stages of done reduction,I wouldn't fancy trying to use it over high mg levels of done?....

Peace 

Bliss....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 17/06/2016 at 10:55 PM, Smoka90 said:

Hmm, now...I have zero experience with Methadone I'm afraid, but my gut instinct would be that it can, but that it would be far weaker than what you're used to, and that the danger of a relapse might be there...

I know it's not comparable at all, but I've been using DeeHC and codeen for about 8 years, it was on a daily basis, but now I manage to take kratom on around 4 days out of every 7. I find that on the first kratom day I get bloody awful muscle aches, to the point I have to just lie in bed, and my stomach is awful too. This gets better as the days go on, but it's always a relief when I 'allow' myself to take my usual meds again.

Again, I know that my op!ate experience is far less severe than yours, but that's the only anecdotal evidence I can offer you.

I think you'd have to have large doses, perhaps 10g, taking that would be difficult and side effects of kratom could be very apparant. But it's helped me reduce my painkiller use, and it's definitely helped many people in your shoes. From what I'm read on the internet in many different places, yes, it can be done.

In the same boat as you re the meds Smoka90. Never tried Kratom, in fact only just heard of it, but would like to try it to see if can help reduce my meds. Any idea where I can purchase for Uk delivery?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • V.I.P Member

  • Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  674
  • Reputation:   466
  • Joined:  04/15/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

6 hours ago, joelb2 said:

In the same boat as you re the meds Smoka90. Never tried Kratom, in fact only just heard of it, but would like to try it to see if can help reduce my meds. Any idea where I can purchase for Uk delivery?

Sorry to have to tell you, but kratom in the UK is pretty much a no-go at the moment. The Psychoactive Substances Act came into law last month. Everything except alcohol and tobacco is gone. Possession is still legal, but purchase, import etc are all illegal. The law was to close down headshops selling research chemicals and synthetic cannabinoid blends. Banning ethnobotanicals really wasn't their main intention. But all the UK kratom shops have closed...sorry mate... I was only writing for folk in the US or elsewhere in Europe.

It used to help me really reduce my prescription med use as well, keeping me healthier. Not anymore. It's awful...

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • New Member

  • Group:  New Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  6
  • Reputation:   4
  • Joined:  01/21/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

The best strains that give a more opiate like effect would be the red strains. If you get a private reserve red strain or red strain resin, I think that would be up your ally. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  93
  • Reputation:   125
  • Joined:  06/22/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

thank you all 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 months later...
Guest blissopifree 2

As I said before kratom in red strains is your best bet for m/done wds.Having said that I'dv thought it could be useful for a switch from smallish dhc use,but I REALLY wouldn't recommend it for a switch from the final stages of m/done reduction plan.I'd say for the last say 10mg jump from m/done as at low doses it's SO easy to relapse esp if you are still dabbling with H.The thing with m/done it takes so long before you get your sleep pattern back to normal and stop the wds in final stages of the jump off and I'd imagine kratom would be ideal for this.But if your trying to transfer from m/done to kratom at anything over 25mls it may stave the worst of the wds but I can't see it being a pain free switch.I've got off several m/done scripts over the last 20yrs and have found sleep VERY difficult when you jump.off and become "clean" it can take months to get a proper nights sleep and feel ok.M/done is a REAL biatch to come off and you feel SO lethargic for several months!.In my case against my better judgement I have had to go back on the (green handcuffs) as I call it,and that's only so I can hold down my full time physical job.In the end it was either use H Or go  back on the dreaded green!.M/done does have its uses of course as you can calm down your caotic lifestyle of scoring and mostly being strung out!.As I said the done most definitely can be a godsend but at the same time its a terrible if not the WORST PK to quit.But If  your lifestyle is spiralling outa control either the green or suboxone is your only choice and they can help you become an active member of society.The downside is ALLWAYS the final stages of reducing when it's just so easy to relapse! In my experience the quicker you can get stable and reduce quickly the better.For  example I was on suboxone for over two years and if I did go back down this route I'd aim for getting off in 6 mnths at the most as the longer your on it the harder it is to become free of opiates.

Ps I'f anyone is thinking of trying opiates PLEASE don't as they ALLWAYS win in the battle of addiction,I remember being told to be VERY careful with opies and I just thought ill be ok and I wont let myself get an addition to them!.And God how wrong I was as they WILL addict you regardless of class or creed they ALLWAYS win!.She can be a cruel maiden to feed and there's only one direction with her and that's downwards!.

So do please take my advice and please don't dabble with this most cruel of meds??.

Peace 

Bliss......

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  755
  • Reputation:   313
  • Joined:  07/18/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

When you say you wouldn't recommend it for a switch from the final stages of a methdon reduction plan.  Do you mean to sub or op8 free living? 

Wouldn't using kratom after finishing a op8 reduction plan and being clean be a bad idea. Even if its just to help you sleep, because its an op8 its self from the little  know about it, wouldn't there a risk of relapse. I wonder how much kratom you'd need to equal 25ml juice. Probably a lot i'd guess.

 I do want to try some proper kratom one day, hopefully before it gets banned, to see how much it could help. So its only red strains that really work best. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

Probably it can be used instead of methadone. In articles they mention many times that kratom can be used for treatment for drug addicts - so it does same function as methadone.

Is even better because you can regulate your own dose and you can have smaller and smaller doses.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...
  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  142
  • Reputation:   147
  • Joined:  08/03/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I wish you were correct, @joe957. I can say that it is not like d0ne, and would only be minimally effective to help with withdrawal symptoms, even at low 'jumping off' doses of meth@dne. It would not be helpful to take large doses of kratom either, unless vomiting green grit sounds good. I speak from experience.

@Conceited, I don't think you could take enough kratom to equal 25mg of meth@dne, but there are concentrates that are pretty strong. My concern with those is that they will jack your golly to the point leaf won't work. I wouldn't say red is the only one that works. The different strains have different effects. Reds are more sedating, more like op8. Greens are more speedy, whites somewhere in the middle. I mix strains to get the results i want.

There is a lot of good info in the kratom thread, and some experienced folks who can help.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 3 weeks later...
  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  755
  • Reputation:   313
  • Joined:  07/18/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

On December 29, 2016 at 6:35 AM, AngryBird said:

I wish you were correct, @joe957. I can say that it is not like d0ne, and would only be minimally effective to help with withdrawal symptoms, even at low 'jumping off' doses of meth@dne. It would not be helpful to take large doses of kratom either, unless vomiting green grit sounds good. I speak from experience.

@Conceited, I don't think you could take enough kratom to equal 25mg of meth@dne, but there are concentrates that are pretty strong. My concern with those is that they will jack your golly to the point leaf won't work. I wouldn't say red is the only one that works. The different strains have different effects. Reds are more sedating, more like op8. Greens are more speedy, whites somewhere in the middle. I mix strains to get the results i want.

There is a lot of good info in the kratom thread, and some experienced folks who can help.

 What do you mean by jack your golly so leaf won't work. This is for a kratom only  person? If you can't get a strong high or relef it won't effect anything else?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...