Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site
  • Sign Up

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pill Cutters


VII

Recommended Posts

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Just yesterday I was at Walmart (for those in Europe, it's a supercenter that has everything in one place. Food, pharmacy, automotive, electronics, gardening, and so forth) about to pick up a prescription and had to wait, so I decided to look around and I came across this $0.80 cheap pill cutter. I found that it's more useful to use a pill cutter instead of a knife or fingers seeing there's less strain on your fingers and there's no excess pill compound residue left on the counter after cutting it in half.

Problem is, it's a plastic pill cutter with a razor blade as the cutter itself. Perhaps anyone here has experience with pill cutters and could recommend a higher quality version if this one was to break or something?

Thanks,

-VII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,394
  • Reputation:   4,372
  • Joined:  12/04/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

All pill cutters I have come across are of that ilk, or similar. There is plenty of options on @m@zon or the like. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

27 minutes ago, PTFC said:

All pill cutters I have come across are of that ilk, or similar. There is plenty of options on @m@zon or the like. 

Thanks for your input. Having one that has a medal exterior with a durable blade as a cutter would be more viable seeing it's less likely to break.

Have you personally experienced any of your pill cutters that were similar to the one I have that have a tendency to break? If so, what would you say the lifespan of this would be?

Thanks,

-VII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  4,394
  • Reputation:   4,372
  • Joined:  12/04/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

If you're careful with it, I don't see why it wouldn't last for years to be honest. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • V.I.P Member

  • Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   2,137
  • Joined:  11/06/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I use a box cutter blade on a piece of dark paper.  Fast, sharp and effective.  Residue that is left is picked up by a licked finger and applied to my tongue.  Box/ utility blades are cheap and incredibly sharp.  You can manipulate them with two hands and they work quite well.  I just split a 15mg tiny oxcee and it worked fine.  Once I feel that the blade no longer perform to my rigorous standards I get a new one.  I buy them for work....100 for about 6.99 at any hardware store.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

10 hours ago, PTFC said:

If you're careful with it, I don't see why it wouldn't last for years to be honest. 

Thanks! Hopefully it'll last years.

9 hours ago, aintnouse said:

I use a box cutter blade on a piece of dark paper.  Fast, sharp and effective.  Residue that is left is picked up by a licked finger and applied to my tongue.  Box/ utility blades are cheap and incredibly sharp.  You can manipulate them with two hands and they work quite well.  I just split a 15mg tiny oxcee and it worked fine.  Once I feel that the blade no longer perform to my rigorous standards I get a new one.  I buy them for work....100 for about 6.99 at any hardware store.  

Box cutter blades are similar to knifes, when you say "dark paper" what do you mean? As in black construction paper? If so that might work out well indeed. I'm a huge knife collector so blades are not an issue, it's always the residue or a half flying across the room after cutting it. I might try using my Karambit to cut it on thick construction paper seeing it's a curved blade, should be easier to cut and less strain on your hands. None the less, your idea is very creative and I'll give it a shot one day. Thanks!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • V.I.P Member

  • Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   2,137
  • Joined:  11/06/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

@VII I just use a heavy construction paper that is black and fold it a few time to give it a little cushion.  I do this for two reasons:  I like the blade to have a soft landing and I also pierce the paper with the blade so I can bring it down in one smooth motion without it rocking side to side.  I split some oxcee 15's mg which are tiny and it worked great.  I held the pill between my thumb and finger and brought the blade in one slow, consistent motion.  There was minimal residue, and two beautiful halves to be devoured.  It works great.  I work with my hands so I am comfortable manipulating small objects and sharp blades.  The key to it is not to hesitate and use one slow but steady motion.  I also have no legitimate reason to have a pill cutter.....The less paraphernalia the better in my case.   

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

@aintnouse Very informative information, I may swap to that instead of using the pill cutter I have right now.

Regarding caps, what would you suggest doing to get the substance out of the cap without making a total mess? The caps would have a powder substance inside, not a liquid. I assume the same method would work but thought I'd ask seeing I'm not sure how the most effective way of breaking caps would be. If you have tips for liquid caps aswell that would be great, but this is just for powder caps (Kratom caps to be specific).

Thanks,

-VII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest mountaincat9

@aintnouse Thanks Doll I really like your visual as always think I will follow your lead your info is most helpful!smiling face with smiling eyes Hope all is well in your corner of the world!! mountaincat9

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   704
  • Joined:  12/21/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

wallymart(SUPERSTORE)   pillcutter for like $1.00 cant go wrong , eventually the blade goes dull and instead of a clean cut it just ends up messing up the pill, so over time you will need to replace it , i say 3months...

carry a tiny lil razer blade, not the actual blade with the handle, in a wallet , behind some credit cards, bust it out whenever u need to cut ur pills or cut someone's face when your surrounded by 6 ppl and you are trying to flee the scene :/

 

i dont do much pill cutting these days, either i use my teeth to trim away the fat , or i take it down with water :P

 

OR JUST USE TEETH

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

5 hours ago, Def_Starr said:

wallymart(SUPERSTORE)   pillcutter for like $1.00 cant go wrong , eventually the blade goes dull and instead of a clean cut it just ends up messing up the pill, so over time you will need to replace it , i say 3months...

carry a tiny lil razer blade, not the actual blade with the handle, in a wallet , behind some credit cards, bust it out whenever u need to cut ur pills or cut someone's face when your surrounded by 6 ppl and you are trying to flee the scene :/

 

i dont do much pill cutting these days, either i use my teeth to trim away the fat , or i take it down with water :P

 

OR JUST USE TEETH

I used to do the same, ended up chipping a small bit of a tooth because of it. Got it fixed but still, puts your teeth at risk.

Personally I chew my pills no matter what they are, I adapt to the taste over time but having a pill cutter or using a pill cutting technique to lower the dosage never hurts to have on hand.

Regards,

-VII

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Def_Starr

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   704
  • Joined:  12/21/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

11 hours ago, VII said:

I used to do the same, ended up chipping a small bit of a tooth because of it. Got it fixed but still, puts your teeth at risk.

Personally I chew my pills no matter what they are, I adapt to the taste over time but having a pill cutter or using a pill cutting technique to lower the dosage never hurts to have on hand.

Regards,

-VII

whoa , sorry to hear? was it a pain pill , those tend to be a bit bulkier and can for sure i agree don't use teeth on pain pills, them are rock solid hard, i tried taking ibuprofen 500mg today but only wanted 250mg and i agree its a hard impact for the teeth, i used my molars but imagine if someone was using their frontal :/ and had weak bone density than that's a risk 

 

i say for those taht are cutting, why not make your cuts in advance so u don have to do it that same second that urge kicks in and your trying to get yourself to gather ?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  288
  • Reputation:   135
  • Joined:  04/16/2016
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

7 hours ago, Def_Starr said:

whoa , sorry to hear? was it a pain pill , those tend to be a bit bulkier and can for sure i agree don't use teeth on pain pills, them are rock solid hard, i tried taking ibuprofen 500mg today but only wanted 250mg and i agree its a hard impact for the teeth, i used my molars but imagine if someone was using their frontal :/ and had weak bone density than that's a risk 

 

i say for those taht are cutting, why not make your cuts in advance so u don have to do it that same second that urge kicks in and your trying to get yourself to gather ?

Oh don't worry, that was so long ago that I don't even remember how many years it's been! 

It was a new brand of Xan they had me on I think. Some Xan brands are very hard to chew into a powder form inside your mouth using your teeth. I noticed that PK's have the same effect, but I usually don't have issues splitting PK's seeing I'm rarely on them. I don't remember if it was my front of back teeth, I do recall I had weak molars after a period of years because of this but nothing a good dentist can't fix. 

I always chew them as close to the back of my mouth as possible. Still have four wisdom teeth that I have to get removed...will be a pain in the rear for my wallet but seeing they're kind of being pushed back inside my gums (at least that's what it feels like) from eating things like steak or anything like that it just causes really bad pain in my head. Going to get that fixed soon though!

Well, it's very rare that I'd need to cut my pills that's the thing. This discussion was mainly about pill cutting in general, not towards me directly. Had a few questions, yes but people have been sharing their methods which seem to be a better alternative for this thread to turn into. I got the cutter for a family member, not myself. I thought I'd have a use for it then I realized I never really have the need to cut my pills seeing I'm on the right dosage, so gave it to a family member that cuts theirs. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members
Def_Starr

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   704
  • Joined:  12/21/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

9 hours ago, VII said:

Oh don't worry, that was so long ago that I don't even remember how many years it's been! 

It was a new brand of Xan they had me on I think. Some Xan brands are very hard to chew into a powder form inside your mouth using your teeth. I noticed that PK's have the same effect, but I usually don't have issues splitting PK's seeing I'm rarely on them. I don't remember if it was my front of back teeth, I do recall I had weak molars after a period of years because of this but nothing a good dentist can't fix. 

I always chew them as close to the back of my mouth as possible. Still have four wisdom teeth that I have to get removed...will be a pain in the rear for my wallet but seeing they're kind of being pushed back inside my gums (at least that's what it feels like) from eating things like steak or anything like that it just causes really bad pain in my head. Going to get that fixed soon though!

Well, it's very rare that I'd need to cut my pills that's the thing. This discussion was mainly about pill cutting in general, not towards me directly. Had a few questions, yes but people have been sharing their methods which seem to be a better alternative for this thread to turn into. I got the cutter for a family member, not myself. I thought I'd have a use for it then I realized I never really have the need to cut my pills seeing I'm on the right dosage, so gave it to a family member that cuts theirs. 

the generic xans i get prescribed are 2mg xr , round bulk , if i try a pill cutter on it, it ends up smashing into powd3r: (

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

×
×
  • Create New...