You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Express Mail vs. Registered - question

tacogirl

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  28

Hello,

I need a package quickly. The guy I order from, he said for $58 he could send express. 5-6 days.

Then he emailed saying he preferred to send registered. I sent him the extra money, and

said Please Send Express. I need it fast. Well this morning he emailed and said he sent it

Registered because It's less likely to get seized by customs. He did Not send express after all.

I think Maybe he did not want to go to the extra trouble.

I'm not happy about this. IS there More of A chance With Customs of being Looked at??

I told him I'm not sure I will use him in the future.

Thanks much

Guest jimbojones

He ripped you off big time on postage.  Registered mail is just 1stclass mail, only difference is they keep it in a locked bag or cage and somebody has to sign for it each time it changes hands.  It is the most secure way  of mailing things (registered USPS mail was used to mail the Hope Diamond to Washington DC to the New York Natural History Museum for $2.44).  So as you can see, there is very little chance of your item being misplaced or lost.  However, it is in essence simply first class mail, the cheapest way to send an item.  And also the slowest as somebody has to sign for the packages each time they change hands, slowing things down quite a bit.  I've gotten items sent Registered Mail from Europe and it took a little over 2 weeks, so it's not that bad.  I don't think it will help you get through customs any better than any other method of mailing.  I've used EMS and never had a problem.  I think customs just looks at what they are going to look at, not pick and choose by what type of postage was used.  Your guy just screwed you out of $50 and spent the other $8 on regular 1st class postage that you will have to sign for and will take longer to arrive.

Archived