Jump to content
You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

  • Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Does alternating benzos reduce tolerance?


Biteme

Recommended Posts

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  263
  • Reputation:   156
  • Joined:  12/07/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I'm only an occasional user but I'm curious. Do people find switching from one benzo to another reduce tolerance/decreases chances of dependence or do you just get cross tolerance among this class of meds?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  31
  • Reputation:   8
  • Joined:  09/03/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I would also like info if someone knows about this 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Reputation:   91
  • Joined:  12/05/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

6 hours ago, Burd308 said:

I would also like info if someone knows about this 

I went from taking 20+mg a day of x@nax after years of use to 4-6mg daily of kl0n0pin for anxiety/panic attacks. Now when I take x@nax I can actually feel it, in the past with a huge alp tolerance I didn't feel any of the other benz0s. All benz0s contain benz0diaz3pine so no matter which benz0 used you will develop a tolerance to all formulas or types of benz0s. Kl0n0pin is a much longer acting benz0 then say x@nax which is very short acting benz0 (2-3hrs) but x@nax will hit you harder. You really don't want to develop a dependence on them, Benz0 withdrawal can actually be a lot worse then say h3r0in withdrawal. 

 

On December 14, 2015 at 10:38 PM, Biteme said:

I'm only an occasional user but I'm curious. Do people find switching from one benzo to another reduce tolerance/decreases chances of dependence or do you just get cross tolerance among this class of meds?

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  263
  • Reputation:   156
  • Joined:  12/07/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Thanks KAL. I know benzo & alcohol withdrawal are the only ones that can kill you (from seizures). I usually only take these no more than 3 times a week and at recommended doses so my question was more from curiosity than anything.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Reputation:   91
  • Joined:  12/05/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

1 hour ago, Biteme said:

Thanks KAL. I know benzo & alcohol withdrawal are the only ones that can kill you (from seizures). I usually only take these no more than 3 times a week and at recommended doses so my question was more from curiosity than anything.

No problem and btw I've had seizures from benz0 WD that landed me in the hospital so use with caution just like any other addictive chemical. Take Care 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  263
  • Reputation:   156
  • Joined:  12/07/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

Yeah it's the seizures that can kill you. It odd for alcohol withdrawal they give you a benzo to stop the seizures, but I doubt they can give you alcohol if you're going through benzo withdrawal.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest blissopifree 2

I've been taking xanax 2x1mg kslols or 2mg pies daily so 2mg of xan for  almost 3 months do you guys think I may have a problem allready as I don't know just yet?.

Any input would be awesome guys 

Peace 

Bliss....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  263
  • Reputation:   156
  • Joined:  12/07/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

The basic question is can you go without it for a while (48 hours), and if so do you feel like shit. Different people react differently to drugs of abuse. It may be a genetic thing but I can have problems with just about anything & that's true for my siblings as well. Others not so much. If you want a more detailed assessment there are plenty of free instruments available on the web to assess whether you're abusing or dependent. You can try one, they're anonymous:

https://ncadd.org/get-help/take-the-test/am-i-drug-addicted

http://www.drugscreening.org/

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  43
  • Reputation:   62
  • Joined:  09/20/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

I had hoped to keep my tolerance down by alternating benzos, I didn't do a great job of keeping track and such.. but from my own experience and a ton of reading I've done, I'd say no , it doesn't . You just feel the new benzo more for  a while, until you don't.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  121
  • Reputation:   91
  • Joined:  12/05/2015
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

On December 15, 2015 at 11:23 AM, Biteme said:

Yeah it's the seizures that can kill you. It odd for alcohol withdrawal they give you a benzo to stop the seizures, but I doubt they can give you alcohol if you're going through benzo withdrawal.

I was given Ativ@n when I was in the hospital for a seizure, they even gave me a script for 60 2mg Ativ@n when I left. 

 

On December 15, 2015 at 6:25 PM, blissopifree 2 said:

I've been taking xanax 2x1mg kslols or 2mg pies daily so 2mg of xan for  almost 3 months do you guys think I may have a problem allready as I don't know just yet?.

Any input would be awesome guys 

Peace 

Bliss....

Your gonna feel some WD symptoms no doubt if you stop abruptly so taper down when u plan to stop.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,052
  • Reputation:   704
  • Joined:  12/21/2014
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

i do it i switch to clono to reduce xanax intake whenever i notice xanax intake gets higher,especially during the holidays my intake on xanax is 4mg-6mg normal for me is 2mg-3mg

on weekends, i take 1mg xanax and clono and do alot of exercise to sweat the toxins out my liver to keep the tolerance low

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  78
  • Reputation:   21
  • Joined:  05/24/2012
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

On 12/15/2015 at 6:25 PM, blissopifree 2 said:

I've been taking xanax 2x1mg kslols or 2mg pies daily so 2mg of xan for  almost 3 months do you guys think I may have a problem allready as I don't know just yet?.

Any input would be awesome guys 

Peace 

Bliss....

I was taking anywhere from 5mg-10mg daily for about 4 months straight with no prior use before and went cold turkey. The WD symptoms were severe to where I could barely function for about 2 weeks.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest blissopifree 2
1 hour ago, chalup said:

I was taking anywhere from 5mg-10mg daily for about 4 months straight with no prior use before and went cold turkey. The WD symptoms were severe to where I could barely function for about 2 weeks.

FOOK that's a bummer!!,but I've only been taking 2mg most days (not every day) maybe 5 days a week with a binge of abt 8mg at the most  on a saterday.So I'm hoping I'm not too bad as everyone is different conserning wds?.

Thanks for the reply chalup festive greetings 

Peace 

Bliss.......

Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • Members

  • Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  78
  • Reputation:   21
  • Joined:  05/24/2012
  • Status:  Offline
  • Last Seen:  

1 minute ago, blissopifree 2 said:

FOOK that's a bummer!!,but I've only been taking 2mg most days (not every day) maybe 5 days a week with a binge of abt 8mg at the most  on a saterday.So I'm hoping I'm not too bad as everyone is different conserning wds?.

Thanks for the reply chalup festive greetings 

Peace 

Bliss.......

I highly suggest have a tapering period and enough supply where you can do it very slowly, along with using ativan at a very small dose, will save you from feeling like death when you do come off.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Guest blissopifree 2

Chalup I have had a few addictions in my lifetime,I may try the Ashton taper plan with di@z if need be?.I just hope that my breaks now and again make it bareable for me??.

It's just the scary thoughts of fitting and worse that concern me but thanks for your advice and consideration on my present problems pal....

Peace 

Bliss.....

Btw never used Ativan are they the same as Lorazepam as others say clonazepam is good for its long term effectiveness....

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.


×
×
  • Create New...