You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Postman made a comment.

Meltheangel

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  200

So yesterday the postman delivered a package and as i am signing for it he mentions that I have been getting a lot of packages lately. Also, my wife had to pick up a package from the post office because we were not home at the time of delivery and the lady at the counter said she could not find one of the 2 packages. She then told my wife that if she wants it she needs to tell the supervisor to look for it. She also asked my wife what she was getting from India. My wife didn't answer.  It was the 6th package in about a month because I just wanted to order once and get it over with but I guess ordering in bulk is not a good idea. Am I being paranoid or should I worry?

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest sadminion

honestly I would be soo nervous, but I feel if you where going to be in trouble you would have known it..

they at the delivery service are nosie by nature..if they ask just giggle and smile....and change subject like, wow...can you believe how hot it is today...phew..when will this heat wave be over...and then smile...not nervous just  nice kind smile

:)

• V.I.P Member
sociopathicbombshell

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Content Count:  700

If you live in a small town where people are just nosy, like where I live, I would not worry about it. However, you may want to consider setting up a p.o box in another town. And if you're going to order in bulk actually order in bulk. As in one big big order. Especially since it appears as though you have established that this is a legit vendor. Good luck to you

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  865

In my opinion and as someone who has worked for the post office you have nothing to worry about.  I would say something like.. yes, I do spend a lot of time on ebay and smile!!  I had a package that was not delivered and Amazon showed it was mailed and when I went to the post office to inquire about it I was also told that the supervisor would have to look for it.  Normal procedure.  And of course what you are ordering from India?  Spices!!! 

• V.I.P Member
sociopathicbombshell

• Content Count:  700

In my opinion and as someone who has worked for the post office you have nothing to worry about.  I would say something like.. yes, I do spend a lot of time on ebay and smile!!  I had a package that was not delivered and Amazon showed it was mailed and when I went to the post office to inquire about it I was also told that the supervisor would have to look for it.  Normal procedure.

Suzie I will be coming to you with a question via pm. Sent a friend mail and didn't go well. Phone dying. Pm u later? Ty!

• Members

• Content Count:  33

I would tell them that Ive been doing a lot of bidding on Ebay for Ethiopian Opals.  I used to win opals from India all the time.

I know I would get antsy if the post office couldn't

find my mail that had my newest opal purchase!   I live in a small super nosy town, the post office

is the worst so I know how you feel.  Ive been paranoid about receiving before.  If I ask myself if I am receiving too often then I probably

need to slow down or find another way.  Good Luck

• Members

All great advice. And mostly reassuring. Thank you all. I was thinking that maybe the postman was just getting a little bit tired of going up my stairs. Haha and the lady at the post office well, just plain nosy. This is the last time I use this address. I do have a p.o box that I used last year but I thought I would mix it up. The staff at my p.o. Box location are cool compared to this other post office my package goes to when I'm not home to receive it. Thanks for the support!

• Members

Hey guys, just want to update you guys on my packages. I have been receiving them without any problem. Except for the fact that the post man seems to express a little bit of irritation, everything is ok. When he had me sign yesterday he said "you have more of these packages." This is the last time I use this address for sure! 

• Members

He really said that?

"more of these packages" for you or in general?

For me. Yeah that's why I am never using this address again. 

• Moderators.

• Group:  Moderators.
  • Content Count:  5,522

Sounds unprofessional to me. It would freak me out though and have me signing up for a PO box, no doubt.

I'd have really been tempted to say something snarky like "yes, am I putting you out having to deliver them?".

Sorry that your postman is an ass.

Guest julimond

He really said that?

You should use your address: That mail man is a Melba Toast...nothing else!!

USPS has a nice office for things like that (Compliance Dept.) in Manhattan...google it :-)

• Members

He really said that?

You should use your address: That mail man is a Melba Toast...nothing else!!

USPS has a nice office for things like that (Compliance Dept.) in Manhattan...google it :-)

I did use my address but I live in an apartment and I usually use p.o box but I just wanted to mix it up. I will google that for sure, thanks. 

This is exactly why I tip my mailman for Xmas and whatnot! Oh god, that would be nerve wracking! It's already the worst to go in and pickup a missed package.

On a tangent - I've seen my fair share of errors of all sorts from them, but I just got introduced to a new one.

Package ships out from IN.

Origin..

Procsess Eyesee...

Then bam

USPS Trackin is unavailable 4 this product 4 IN.

:huh:Wut?

The previous information for my mailspotting had disappeared and replaced with just their wonderful phrase. Thankfully, I still have my texts that were sent to me so I can read those before bed to feel good. It's just like posts from way back that had similar problems, I guess it will just peek out when it isn't scared. I was half cracking up, wanting to yell at it "You are going the wrong way!!!"

The thing just arrived here and I guess I scared it off! Wish there were others that were going through this, but oh well, they never cease to amaze me.

Do you really tip the mailman? Wow, I never thought of that. Do you mind me asking how much. That sounds like a good idea. 

• Members

@Meltheangel Ya! I like to go out if I see him coming down the street and just shoot the shit with him, cool guy, but is retiring next year :(.

I'm not rich for sure haha, but if it's Christmas or maybe something random like postman appreciation day I like to give him 20 bucks or maybe something corny like a best mailman mug!

I try and do the same, a bit for the garbagemen, but they don't do that great of a job : /.

But yeah, it has helped. Since we just talk, I'll ask him if I have a question about a package or vent about the sorting being slow. He will typically go out of his way and check - in fact he found one package just stuck in his truck once, right near the passenger side. I knew that it was mine right away :).

Just being appreciative of all the crap they have to do goes a long way.

well that sounds cool. I used to talk to the mailman that used to ho to my house growing up. I have only been living here for about 2 years so I guess I need to warm up to him. :)

thanks again for the tip.

• Members

Okay, so I just checked tracking number on the last of my four packages I've been waiting for and it says "USPS Tracking is unavailable for this product for India" 

what the hell does that mean? I know for a fact one of them made it to my city. The same post office where the lady was giving me a hard time and asking me what I was receiving from India.

very concerned now. :(

has anyone had this message on tracking?

Archived