You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Pain medicine Hierarchy?

Kurt Codean

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  350

If your doctor has you on Tramadol and Tylenol 4, and you want to ask him for something stronger, what would the next medication be in the pain medicine hierarchy? the only other med I've heard of that might fall between Tylenol 4 and hydrocodone is darvocet. I'm not sure if that stuff is still prescribed, but I was just wondering if anyone had any suggestions if you want to get something a little stronger than Tylenol 4 and Tramadol. Or should tramadol and tylenol 4 be comparable to darvocet and vicodin? I'm just wondering what might be a reasonable increase to ask my doctor should i need it. He was pretty generous when I asked him to switch me from tyleonl 3 to 4, so I was thinking of maybe seeing how he would feel if I asked for another switch. I'm not sure if he would give me anything stronger, but I was thinking about asking him because they current medications at the daily dose he gave me falls short a little bit. I can compensate by taking slight more, but then I run out early. I might ask him if he can raise the dosage. Thanks for the help if anyone has any suggestions, I appreciate it!

Guest sadminion

There is not lots of options these days because of the DEA and all the BS around that, that is why people come here.

If your meds are not working I would simply have a talk with your doctor as there is alternative that can be added to your meds which can help and he can help you figure out what would be the best course of action per your problem...

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  350

thanks, yeah there is a lot of  BS these days with getting medication, and not just with the Doctors, but with the pharmacies too. If you come in there with several narcotic scripts they try to make you go through loops to fill it. It's very annoying. 

Archived