You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Tramadol

Maybesomeday

Maybesomeday

• Group:  Grand Poobah
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  986

I have stiffness and joint pain and arthritic pain in my joints and wonder if this would be a safe way to relieve pain without the addictive properties. Anyone know anything?

• Replies 252
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  212

I have stiffness and joint pain and arthritic pain in my joints and wonder if this would be a safe way to relieve pain without the addictive properties. Anyone know anything?

Celebrex. I don't find tramadol to be addictive at all..everybody is different though.

Celebrex. I don't find tramadol to be addictive at all..everybody is different though.

Myself, I find it terribly addictive. I develop an immunity towards it after a few days, so I either have to stop cold turkey for a few days to get it out of my system or double/triple/quadruple the dosage. It's a vicious cycle which in hindsight I wish had never started.

Goes to show how everybody is different because Tramadol didn't do much and always gave me a headache. Were you asking about Tramadol or Celebrex? Celebrex will help but it's not cheap.

If I am running low on my perscrption before its time to get it filled,,, I will take tramadol to keep away the cold sweats.

It does help me with my withdrawels. Im not a big opiate user anyway,, the reason I am on oxy right now is because

I fell off of the back of a flatbed semi trailer,,, and snapped my hand off of my arm. ouch. Happen exactly 1 month ago tomorrow.

But yes everyone is differant,,, and this is one pain medicine that does affect alot of people alot of differant ways.

I got a bottle of 180 - 50 mg. for 20.00 from a friend of mine who had back surgery. He has a hard time taking any type of pain meds.

I usually call him if Im running low to see what he has stock piled.

ALSO - Be very careful with tramadol,,, overuse can cause siezures,,,,,yuck,,,, had those with benzo WD's many years ago.

Not much fun :wacko: :blink:

• 3 weeks later...

• Content Count:  986

Just trying to find something to help me relieve some pain as I find it's making sleep elusive.

Also saw a commercial about Cymbalta being run as a chronic pain reliever now. Gotta say, I'm curious.

Tylenol and Advil just don't cut it, but do not like effects of stronger pain pills. Bad place to be in.

Will look into Celebrex some.

• 1 month later...

iwas perscribed tramadol when i hurt my back.for me it did nothing.i know some people that swear by it.i thing to remember is it is an opiate/agonists and has been proven to be addictive.it also has a lot of bad side affects(google it).a lot of people are using it since it is so easy to get.it has not even been classified yet as what type of med it is.though there are works in the qovernment to change that.

• Content Count:  730

If I am running low on my perscrption before its time to get it filled,,, I will take tramadol to keep away the cold sweats.

It does help me with my withdrawels. Im not a big opiate user anyway,, the reason I am on oxy right now is because

I fell off of the back of a flatbed semi trailer,,, and snapped my hand off of my arm. ouch. Happen exactly 1 month ago tomorrow.

But yes everyone is differant,,, and this is one pain medicine that does affect alot of people alot of differant ways.

I got a bottle of 180 - 50 mg. for 20.00 from a friend of mine who had back surgery. He has a hard time taking any type of pain meds.

I usually call him if Im running low to see what he has stock piled.

ALSO - Be very careful with tramadol,,, overuse can cause siezures,,,,,yuck,,,, had those with benzo WD's many years ago.

Not much fun :wacko::blink:

Hey Oldschool,

Would you mind telling me about your seizures and how you delt with them? Are they something you can tell are coming on, or is it pretty unpredictabl?

Hey Oldschool,

Would you mind telling me about your seizures and how you delt with them? Are they something you can tell are coming on, or is it pretty unpredictabl?

Don't expect a response from Oldschool. He was banned for scamming. Maybe his new "sock puppet" could answer on his behalf? Then again, that would give away his new identity. Shikes....

tramadol is good... for me its cheap and easy to get, last all day and i can feel the effects of its opiate properties... i dont know why people knock it, maybe cuz its more subtle than vicodin but i can appreciate it not wanting to be a slave to opiate addiction anymore whether it be hydrocodone or heroin. my body is probably permanantly altered from years of the strongest opiates but i still feel good relief from tram when i need it... and it can even have me nodding if i want...

Yes a lot of people undervalue how strong it is. Some people get hooked on eating 20-30 a day and stopping is supposed to be horrendous. Very severe withdrawals , like deppression, diahreah, headaches, muscle pain, stomach pain. I've read of M.D. who won't try to work with tramadol sufferers. It's too hard to get them clean.

Yes a lot of people undervalue how strong it is. Some people get hooked on eating 20-30 a day and stopping is supposed to be horrendous. Very severe withdrawals , like deppression, diahreah, headaches, muscle pain, stomach pain. I've read of M.D. who won't try to work with tramadol sufferers. It's too hard to get them clean.

Truthfully, I'm going through a harsh withdrawal from Tramadol right now, as I have several times in the past. It's not pleasant, to say the least.

Wish I never ever started that stuff. Just when I think I've quit it for good, a month later I start all over again. Vicious cycle.

God you guys I'm seeing how serious this med is. I had hardly any reaction to it and I'm glad I didn't try harder. I won't touch it now. The perds were bad enough but quitting that was easy my source went dead.

Thank you for the information. I know You will get through this Ditch.

Hi Ditch, how is it going with your tramadol tapering? Keep at it. Even if you have to lower the dose every two weeks, it doesn't matter. It's one of the hardest drugs to get off believe it or not. How is your sleep? That's the thing that suffers the longest I've heard. Do you have any brain flashes? Hot baths, coffee, exercise, advil, these things can help you through your stupor of discomfort.

Hi Ditch, how is it going with your tramadol tapering? Keep at it. Even if you have to lower the dose every two weeks, it doesn't matter. It's one of the hardest drugs to get off believe it or not. How is your sleep? That's the thing that suffers the longest I've heard. Do you have any brain flashes? Hot baths, coffee, exercise, advil, these things can help you through your stupor of discomfort.

Greetings Younghypnotiq! Always nice to hear from you and many thanks for your concern.

Please allow me to give some background details of my Tramadol use. In doing so, the present day situation will make more sense.

Ok, it was about 8 years ago when I was living/working in Thailand and I decided to get a full back tattoo. Being that I was due to leave Thailand in about one month I wanted something memorable to bring home with me. So, I thought, why not a full back Asian style dragon tattoo. Problem was, this had to be completed within a month and it was gonna be very large and many details. Not the usual simple run-of-the-mill tattoo. This was gonna be a great piece of art from one of the best artists in Chiang Mai, northern Thailand.

To reduce the amount of pain encountered day after day for close to a month, the tattoo artist would give me these pills. I had no idea what they were, other than they could be easily bought in as drug store. Therefore, I figured they wouldn’t be addictive or else I'd need a prescription. And I trusted the guy enough to permanently inject ink into my body, so why should I not trust him about these little pills too.

Everyday, after 5 or 6 hours working on the tattoo, I went back to my house feeling really great, full of confidence, and positive about the whole world and my future. Was it all because of the new tattoo? Yes, I thought it was. I had no idea it was those pills which were screwing with my mind - filling it full of serotonin.

Before I returned to my home country, Canada, I stocked up on those great little pills as I thought they might come in handy if I ever get a bad headache or suffer from a car accident. Like Aspirin or Tylenol ever did shit. Instead, Tramadol were super cheap so I bought about 1500 of them and put them in my suitcase. Not having the faintest idea that in fact they were not available in Canada without a prescription. In hindsight, I’m lucky Canadian Customs didn’t throw me in the slammer. But, I was honestly naive about Tramadol. Didn’t even bother lookin’ them up on the internet to see what they were all about.

A few days later, after arriving back to Canada, I started feeling depressed and irritable. I attributed it to the jet lag and reverse culture shock of returning home after being away for so long. But this bad feeling didn’t go away until I took a few Tramadol for a headache. Then, suddenly I felt great again. Oh shit, I was addicted to these pills of which I have close to 1500 of them. I didn’t want to throw them out, nor did I want to keep taking them on a daily basis as I did in Thailand for the past month. So, I tapered down for a few weeks until I felt OK again. Then, I made the hard decision to throw the rest of the pills injto the garbage and close that chapter of my life for good.

Fast forward to, 2010, again living in a foreign country, and now suffering from extreme lower disk pain. What does the addict part of my brain say I should do? Well…..

Crap, wife and child just got home.

To be continued…..

Archived