You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Do Aprn's Scrip Out Anxiety Meds Or Should I Seek Psychiatrist?

Dru

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  115

I've been trying to get help with my anxiety from my APRN but she keeps giving me things like Citlopram (Celexa) which made me irritable, then Sertraline (Zoloft) which has made me clench my jaw and feel more anxious. Now she has prescribed me Duloxetine (Cymbalta) which I have not started yet and am not looking forward to due to my recent experience with the other SNRI's. I know Benz@'s work however also know better then to tell her that, should i seek a psychiatrist? 

Thanks for your help guys!

• 6 months later...

• Group:  New Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  9

What kind of anxiety do you have? If you're describing day-to-day anxiety that is constant (along the lines of GAD), that's probably why she keeps giving you the SNRIs/SSRIs. A lot of doctors/psychiatrists would only give out benz@s if you describe panic attacks and situational anxiety ("Every time I go to the mall/doctor/work presentation, I get incredibly anxious and it affects my ability to function within that context" etc) then you might have a better chance of procuring them from the APRN; otherwise, go to the psych with the same story.

Archived