You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Tool, A Perfect Circle, Puscifer. (And Others)

PurpleOWL

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  52

Hi all! I've been curious about this and seeing as this is a drug forum (and other stuff as well) I figured this is a good place to ask this question.

I grew up with Tool, ever sincebefore I was born, my mom made sure this would be stuck in my head, and it is for sure. I've seen Tool twice, Puscifer once, no APC though. But my mom is now facebook savy (or obsessed) and she is a part of a Tool group where she is a social butterfly and talks to all these people around the world. One thing that a lot of those people have in common is that Mr. Maynard James Keenan has helped them through addiction and recovery. Others have been using him as a tool (no pun intended) for mental illness recovery. And others (most people around me) love to listen to them while on drugs, because it makes it so much better ^_^

So I just wanted to know everyone else's opinions, whether they feel the same, different, or have something else that has helped them.

Cheers!

Guest PharmaPro

First of all, I hate all of Maynard's side projects.

With that said, I'm hoping and praying that a new TOOL album comes out so that I can go on living.

The plain and simple fact is, MJK has only tripped maybe 7 or 8 times....but his songs provide so much insight to the psychedelic experience.  If anything, I'd say that TOOL is more DMT related than anything else.  The album artwork just reeks of the Nexus.  If you've ever had the unique opportunity to use that particular hallucinogen then you won't be surprised to see some very TOOL-like things on your journey.  I can teach you how to make your own BTW, it's quite easy!  Back on the subject, take a look at this interview and you'll see MJK kind of put Jpe Rogan back in his place, very subtly, concering the dangers of taking things too far with drugs.  I happen to be tripping on some RC's right now and am kind of losing my mind, but plan to continue this converstaion later!

http://youtu.be/eJP4bOEau0w

• Members

• Topic Count:  4
  • Content Count:  52

I understand that completely. The side projects are an acquired taste, but I love all of them. 

I'm a musician so thats what I look at. I'm not too crazy about the drugs you mentioned, I'm more of a pk kind of gal. I've never "tripped" before.

That's interesting though and now I may have to try that! I've never looked at Tool as a "drug". Like I said, I'm a musician, so that's how I look at his music. Their artwork (by Alex Gray) is for sure drug inspired. What are the differences between the drugs you described?

• 4 years later...
  • Members

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  196

I just saw tool in cleveland in October. Decent show, but nothing compared to the Lateralus tour