You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Hangovers

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  13

I've been prescribed two anti-depressants and an anti-convulsive. I still enjoy social drinking with friends but my hangovers have become much worse since I've been prescribed these medications. I am also prescribed Fioricet for migraines which helps with hangovers. It contains APAP so the problem is I've been worrying about my liver. Can anyone recommend a theoretical replacement?

• Members

• Content Count:  13

Stop drinking. Lol!

Seriously.....have you tried Aleve? It works great for me!

Drinking is fun though! I've tried everything OTC for pain, only thing I've found to help is Fioricet. I've got the naseau covered with Zofran but can't quite get the headaches down. I know it's kind of lame and it's part of the lesson of drinking but I'm still young and enjoy going out!

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Content Count:  879

The reason the fiorcet works on your hangover is the "hair of the dog that bit you" philosophy. The barbiturate in fiors is a hypnotic sedative that works on your brain the same way alcohol does. A shot of liquor first thing would do the same. It's not specifically the pain relief properties helping it's the barbiturates. Thought you should know!

• Members

• Content Count:  301

Alcohol mixed with those kinda meds is dangerous. If you suffer from depression & using alcohol which is also a depressant you are playing with fire.i don't mean to preach but it is dangerous .

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  788

Somebody I know just drinks then 1 beer first thing in the morning.. They say it makes there hangover go away.

• 4 weeks later...
  • V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  552

As long as you keep it at social drinking and just don't over do it, especially on meds. My advice is to keep the drinks at a minimum and drink a bunch of gaterade or coconut water BEFORE drinking followed by water. See how that works. Always keep gatorade or coconut water in the frig.

• Members

• Content Count:  40

I agree with nickiean , alcohol is contraindicated with antidepressants, very dangerous. If you must drink socially, be careful. Cut down on the amounts! Also try to not drink close to the time you take your meds. For the headaches, this alone may help (the cutting down), but if not take some Tylenol before you go to sleep. Can do wonders to prevent headache. Also stay hydrated with water.

Archived