You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Christianity 101

Jewbacca

• Group:  Spammers
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  0

While I must admit that the spiritual portion of my life is one that is somewhat lacking and underdeveloped, I found this story from Truth Seeker Daily incredibly interesting, and its featured pastor refreshingly sincere, particularly for someone who had just been hired (at what is likely a very sizable compensation package) to lead one of these modern mega-churches of more than 10,000 members. While we are all responsible for our own spiritual nourishment, I must say that if more "men of the cloth" were like this gentleman, I'd be more likely to be in attendance somewhere on Sunday mornings. A simple demonstration of a basic Christian teaching that packed a major punch on his first day on the job. Well worth the read.

http://truthseekerdaily.com/2013/09/church-members-mistreat-homeless-man-in-church-unaware-it-is-their-pastor-in-disguise/

• Group:  Grand Poobah
  • Content Count:  1,558

I have actually seen this story, although there are a few different versions of it. True or not, the message is unmistakable. I nominate this for Jewbaccas post of the year award. So sayith the Hooter!  On another note, if anyone ever feels an urge to go to church, but have no clue where you might fit in, may I suggest a UU.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Unitarian_Universalism

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  288

As a rabid Presbyterian (lapsed), I enjoyed coming across this thread and you are both correct(ish), and the reverend in disguise should be the way the churches operate. Could you imagine an undercover force of moral reminders - for all faiths?

Happy Holidays!

Guest 99 Luftballons

my favorite jew of all time = Jesus...the real deal.

and a very close 2nd? our very own Jewy...and if you don't agree i will take you out behind the nearest Temple and stone you while Hooter holds my cloak.

end transmission.

• Members

Cloak and bagger?

• Members

Merry Merry!

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members

• Content Count:  138

my favorite jew of all time = Jesus...the real deal.

and a very close 2nd? our very own Jewy...and if you don't agree i will take you out behind the nearest Temple and stone you while Hooter holds my cloak.

end transmission.

Jewy is actually Irish Catholic, such as myself. from what I read in a forum post. It's hard being Catholic in The South, even to this day. All the Protestants down here think we're a blasphemous cult, basically.

-kan

• Members

Jewy is actually Irish Catholic, such as myself. from what I read in a forum post. It's hard being Catholic in The South, even to this day. All the Protestants down here think we're a blasphemous cult, basically.

-kan

Yassuh all o y'all be pagans, sho nuff.  Blasphemers wushupin saynts and such.  pure devil wushup.  Un married priests?  Child molesters and HEATHENS!   :P  :lol:

My wife is a recovering Catholic, (I did not convert) and one of the men I admired the most in this world was her dad, who defended me in that decision.  Old school Irish Catholic, we used to talk for hours about the deepest subjects.  He was amazing.  He told that whole clan:  "The man is not a hypocrite.  He has my blessing."  All dissenting factions went stone cold silent.  The Big A had spoken.

"And when ye pray, ye shall not be as the hypocrites: for they love to stand and pray in the synagogues and in the corners of the streets, that they may be seen of men. Verily I say unto you, They have their only reward."

​think that's Matthew...

• 2 months later...
  • Members

• Content Count:  32

A thought 2 consider: an amplified / study bible and read The Gospels of John 1st ( what I've been told / taught) also get a good RefereNce bible /dictionary that describes things. In our current day language .im a Born again Christian but, study and respect and enjoy learning more about all religions. My first suggestions are a great 1st start..... Just my humble opinion.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Archived