You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Ramstein Germany

jthompson27566

• Members
jthompson27566

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  96

Just sound that my son in the military who is going to be stationed in Ramstein Germany for a few years, Looks like I'll get to see a little of Europe. Should I try and make the run to Amsterdam?

• Members

• Content Count:  286

Just sound that my son in the military who is going to be stationed in Ramstein Germany for a few years, Looks like I'll get to see a little of Europe. Should I try and make the run to Amsterdam?

The Amsterdam we grew up hearing about is not nearly the Amsterdam that it is now. But hey, knock your socks off, I'm sure you will still find some fun, just be careful.

I have Rammstein songs in my head now.

• Members
jthompson27566

Thanks, keep hearing the same thing, there are other things I'm sure the family will want to do than to tag along with this old head to Amsterdam. To be perfectly honest, I'd like to tour one of the castles up in the mountains and made catch Octoberfest if we can time it right. Either way just to spend with my son is blessing enough.

• Members

• Content Count:  38

Rammstein seemed like a great place when I was there for a few days due to aircraft trouble when i was on my way to Afghanistan. Too bad we couldn't explore out in town those couple of days. 

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Content Count:  716

In '05 they still had the coffee shops with nice menus. I was happy to visit the "head shops" and pick up the shrooms myself. Not sure why you had to visit one to get herb and another to get seeds and shrooms though.

Just be warned about my biggest let down, their milkshakes are not frozen, just flavored milk. Maybe malted or something, but still just chilled and not frozen. :(

• Members
jthompson27566

Appreciate the comments, we're still a ways out from having to worry about what we'll do. By the time he get's settled in, he's have some suggestions. Since it's a family trip pretty obvious Amsterdam probably won't be on agenda. Who knows maybe we can time it for Octoberfest. I would definitely like to tour one of the castles stuck on the mountainsides, always did think they were magnificent! Till will tell.

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  716

While in Darmstadt I visited the Frankenstein Castle and Schlauss Aurberg (sp?). A Sclauss being a renovated castle or maybe a re-creation, idk, both were castles but the Frankenstein wasn't rebuilt while the other one was in perfect condition.

BTW, my comments were about Holland, not Germany. For both the head shops and the milk shakes. I didn't buy any any milk shakes in Germany and they don't allow sales of MJ, at least not then, but possession of 5 grams or less herb was not prosecuted. I think they would take it from you, but not anything worse.  

• 11 months later...
  • Members

• Content Count:  49

amsterdam has so many new laws now that apply to tourists that u probably wouldnt have any fun there anyways

• 1 year later...
Guest julimond

Probably. The time you smoke outside or ask next police officer for a light are long over.

Take the train 30min outside (east direction ---> Berlin) and go into the next coffee shop:

Completely different story!!

Enjoy The Netherlands!

(Amsterdam is OUT!!)

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  1,052

I spent a number of years in Germany growing up, and it was pretty awesome.  

I would consider a trip to Heidelberg, or a trip to Neuschwanstein Castle.  It is basically the model for the 

Disneyland castle.  Its pretty Magnificent.   Germany is a lot of fun, good food, beer and the people are 

generally quite nice. 

Guest julimond

I spent a number of years in Germany growing up, and it was pretty awesome.  

I would consider a trip to Heidelberg, or a trip to Neuschwanstein Castle.  It is basically the model for the 

Disneyland castle.  Its pretty Magnificent.   Germany is a lot of fun, good food, beer and the people are 

generally quite nice

Mhmmmhhmmmm: WHEN was that??

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  1,052

I lived in what used to be West Germany from 1980-1990.  My father was in the Army so we were stationed in 

a variety of places.  My last stop was Heidelberg.  I graduated from High School there in 1989.  I absolutely loved it.

I had wonderful experiences all over Europe....including Amsterdam (memories a little fuzzy) and the southern coast 

of Spain.  I think my favorite place were Scotland and Ireland.  Those two places have the most vibrant shades of 

green foliage I have ever seen in my life.    You will enjoy yourself very much.   I also spent time in Prague while it was still Communist.

Beautiful but depressing......You will have a great time!

• Members

• Content Count:  4,394

I appreciate your praise and review of the nicer looking areas of Scotland!

• Members

• Content Count:  4,394

You are welcome to Scotland anytime Julimond! 

Archived