You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Two Otc Meds That Will Give False Positive - Per Mayo Clinic - Good Excuse!

Afrin (nasal spray) and its generics make you positive for speed/meth

Prevacid and other like antacids make you test positive for weed.

I used to have randoms urine teats all of the time and if i tested positive for these, i printed up the info from the mayo site and presented it to my boss. I have never used speed but i smoke every day and this info has come in real helpful for me.

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  775

Great info Cat, I'm going to keep the antacids in mind.

• Opal Sponsor

• Group:  Opal Sponsor
  • Content Count:  321

Wonder if Tagamet also could do that - it would be great for it to have a "double purpose" (also theoretically a potentiator of SOME opiates) LOL. Anyway, thanks for the info!

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Content Count:  372

Hi @Catinthehat,

Thanks!  Great info.  I use Afrin during allergy season and in my line of work this could be a real problem if I came in positive.

Regards,

PR

• Members

• Content Count:  297

My Gf is hooked on Afrin, if she doesn't have it. her nasal passages go into over drive. I never figured a nasal spray could be such a serious habit. I'll loook into the Tagamet. Thxs Opiated-

• 3 months later...
  • V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  2,368

Afrin should be scheduled. I am totally strung out on it now from having a cold. Hooked... Thanks Cat great info.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

• 2 months later...
  • Members
ReillyRadio

• Content Count:  4

Biaxin will make you test positive for co-kane.

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  2,102

Good info CH. I'll be taking a p test sometime in the future for a new job when I get it.

• 8 months later...
  • Members

• Content Count:  19

This may sound dumb....  but if you take prescribed trams then take an old vic that was laying around, will that affect a UA?

• Members

• Content Count:  149

Tramadol will NOT show up on a standard urine panel - not sure about Vic.

HTH

Bloom

• 2 weeks later...
  • Members

• Content Count:  1,052

sweet so if get caught for weed at work on a random i can say prevacid

• V.I.P Member

• Content Count:  2,102

This may sound dumb....  but if you take prescribed trams then take an old vic that was laying around, will that affect a UA?

I'm not an expert in drug testing but we all know about half life. If you were to take one pill it would probably be out of your system in 3-4 days for drug testing. It's just when we start taking something regularly or more than is required is when it takes longer to clear your system.

If you used Vicodin for months it would probably show up for at least a week or two. But one and done and it clears your system much more quickly. I am just giving my opinion. There are some fairly accurate home testing kits you can buy. I actually tried to prove if they were accurate and they seemed to be.

One time I took a few Vicodin for a couple of days and a few days before that I took a Percocet. Now remember one is an opiate and the other is an opioid. So I took two different at home test about a week after the Vicodin but at least a week plus a couple of days for the Percocet.

The at home test showed negative for the perc but positive for the vic. Now the vic probably should have been negative too even though it was longer than 3 or 4 days according to half life  but  since I took the vics for a few days in a row that probably caused the clearing period to be extended slightly.

Again this is just my opinion. Please do your own research too.

• Members

• Content Count:  33

I'm not an expert in drug testing but we all know about half life. If you were to take one pill it would probably be out of your system in 3-4 days for drug testing. It's just when we start taking something regularly or more than is required is when it takes longer to clear your system.

If you used Vicodin for months it would probably show up for at least a week or two. But one and done and it clears your system much more quickly. I am just giving my opinion. There are some fairly accurate home testing kits you can buy. I actually tried to prove if they were accurate and they seemed to be.

One time I took a few Vicodin for a couple of days and a few days before that I took a Percocet. Now remember one is an opiate and the other is an opioid. So I took two different at home test about a week after the Vicodin but at least a week plus a couple of days for the Percocet.

The at home test showed negative for the perc but positive for the vic. Now the vic probably should have been negative too even though it was longer than 3 or 4 days according to half life  but  since I took the vics for a few days in a row that probably caused the clearing period to be extended slightly.

Again this is just my opinion. Please do your own research too.

HB, I'm exposing my ignorance a bit here, but after 6 years I never knew there was a difference between opiate & opioid.  Perhaps that's why I prefer one over the other?  No testing for me, thank God, but I had to ask that question.  Can you touch upon that difference a bit more?  I would appreciate it :)

Archived