You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

How Many Of These Stars Do You Recognize?

Denise

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  1,039

Age will tell in this.   As a movie buff (old and new), I found this very enjoyable.  (scroll down enough the white bar at top is gone)

Pick a time to watch this when you aren't hurried.  It's well worth the time to watch the entire thing.

http://oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

• 1 month later...

• Group:  Grand Poobah
  • Content Count:  730

Age will tell in this.   As a movie buff (old and new), I found this very enjoyable.  (scroll down enough the white bar at top is gone)

Pick a time to watch this when you aren't hurried.  It's well worth the time to watch the entire thing.

http://oldfortyfives.com/thoseoldwesterns.htm

I really liked that Denise, I know a whole bunch of those actors but many were new. My gradfather was one of those types living down in Southern Arizona at the Rose Tree Ranch Flying his plane up to Tucson every week for supplies. Real men. Some times I feel like a complaining sissy compared to those old style American

• 1 month later...
  • V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Content Count:  1,039

I really liked that Denise, I know a whole bunch of those actors but many were new. My gradfather was one of those types living down in Southern Arizona at the Rose Tree Ranch Flying his plane up to Tucson every week for supplies. Real men. Some times I feel like a complaining sissy compared to those old style American

I'm glad you enjoyed them.  I'm not ancient enough to have been around when all of them were either.

But being a movie buff, like you, I grab every opportunity to see a movie I haven't seen yet - esp an old one.

Taking a film class in college gives you a different perspective on films - you look at lighting, camera angle, framing of the scene etc.  It increased my enjoyment of movies, my understanding of what they were trying to subconsciously transmit to watchers.  I encourage all college students to take film for credit. 

I've watched a few foreign films - but how do you do it?  It gets boring to read the subtitles sometimes or difficult to see them.  There have been a few I wanted to watch but the subtitles just got to me.  HATS OFF to you for doing it.

Archived