You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Nj Psych Who Diagnoses Add/adhd Easily?

grover30

• Members

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13

Anyone know of one, looking for someone who wont want past psych reports or ask lots of questions. Feel free to DM me. Central Jersey is best. 

• Members

• Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  24

Ususally a good bet for a speedy diagnosis is to avoid larger hospital settings (especially teaching clinics) and try smaller clinics and private practices. A lot of hospitals have more regulations and monitoring, and prefer to meet over a period of months to observe symptoms prior to giving a solid diagnosis of ADD/ADHD. With a private practitioner there is ususally a speedier diagnosis, since they are independent and require the diagnosis right away for their billing purposes. They also may not be as strict about requiring previous documentation. I'm sorry I don't know a doctor to recommend off hand, but I'd check out any local ADD/ADHD support groups that might be in the area. The other group members might have some good recommendations.

• Members

• Topic Count:  2
  • Content Count:  13

Thank you for advice--I will look up support groups and try to match a dr mentioned with my insurance:) I'm not even really trying to get away with anything. Reading symptoms and childhood traits I think I am ADD/ADHD and was just never diagnosed.

But my current psych and primary care both know I had addiction issues and I think that would stop them from diagnosing/prescribing what works. I'm diagnosed with legit and extreme anxiety but my dr, will not increase the mg of the one that works because of abuse potential. So I'm stuck on one cure that does nothing and another that works, but I never have enough.  I just see the same thing happening if I asked to be evaluated for add/adhd.

I just kind of want to start over find a psych who does not want my past records, and get prescribed what works and makes me functional human being w/o it being prevented by stuff that happened years ago.

Could I just walk into a new psych's office and claim no past drs...? Seems like a lot of work. 

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Topic Count:  14
  • Content Count:  716

You could do that and be caught lying, then you would have a different black mark on your record. One could practically write a joke about three doctors eating lunch and one says "A past abuser walked in and said she'd never seen another Dr." The second one says, "Yeah one came to me and said she had seen one, but had no major problems..." The third says "One came to me and said she'd only seen the two of you and you were of no help at all! A brunette, about this tall?..." You know what I mean?

Unless they ask for records they need your honest input. As the brightnail says, a small practice with a history of helping is your best bet.

First though, I would ask the current doctors if they can offer some advice. Like, "How can I find out if I have this?" Coming from a point of looking to them as professionals and needing their years of training to help you rather than telling them you already think you suffer from it would seem like a better approach imo.

• 8 years later...
  • Grand Poobah
EasyMoneySnip3r

• Group:  Grand Poobah
  • Topic Count:  333
  • Content Count:  1,119

Northern nj?