You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

lobelia inflata

iheartsleep

• Opal Sponsor
iheartsleep

• Group:  Opal Sponsor
  • Topic Count:  6
  • Content Count:  32

So I came across this herb trying to quit nicotine, due to it having high amounts of nicotine in it (a pinch put in a bowl is equivalent to a whole cig).

I put it in some joints here and there or a bong and it worked good. Recently ive gotten into pipe tobacco and I loaded up a large bowl of just lobelia. Guys this stuff put me in a trance, it felt like a more relaxed less powerful weed.

My worry is that technically this stuff is poisonous/toxic. Does anyone have any experience or know anything about safety regarding this herb?

• 4 months later...
  • Opal Sponsor

• Group:  Opal Sponsor
  • Topic Count:  1
  • Content Count:  10

I don't have personal experience with this, but I think you might not have all your facts straight. Nicotiana (tabacco) is in the nightshade family in an order called Solonales. The plant you're talking about is in the Campanulacea family which is in a totally unrelated order entirely. These are not at all related plants and I've looked for studies and found zero sources claiming this plant contains nicotine. In addition, there's very few plants outside the nightshade family that have been recorded to contain nicotine and when they do, it's a very small amount. That being said, there are many compounds that might have similar effects but they're pretty much all seriously understudied. The active compound in this plant is probably lobeline. It has a history of traditional use, but it's usually used topically and not consumed as it would likely make you puke your guts out (same with raw tabacco plants to be fair)