You are a guest user Click to join the site

Welcome Guest

Welcome to drugbuyersguide, like most online communities you must register to view or post in our community, but don't worry this is a simple free process that requires minimal information for you to signup. Be apart of Drug Buyers Guide Forum by signing in or creating an account.

• Start new topics and reply to others
  • Subscribe to topics and forums to get email updates
  • Get your own profile page and make new friends
  • Send personal messages to other members.

Benz

SwedishChef1977

• Members
SwedishChef1977

• Group:  Members
  • Topic Count:  0
  • Content Count:  298

Need some friends that have the same needs benzodiazapam ......Without it I wouldnt even b able to work,Im a local uprising Executive Chef work 70 hours totally a level 10 stress level..i am prescribed .05 k pins for the past 3 years and my doc doesnt care that they no longer work.....Said find someone else yea he cares

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Members

• Content Count:  128

then my best advice to you is to seriously find someone else.

you sound like a respectable, hardworking human being. Just because he was an asshole doesn't mean other doctors wont help you.

Trust me, I know plenty of ph.D's who feel your pain on a 70hr work week with high stress level. 

You have the medical history of being prescribed a benzo for 3 years.

Doctors realize that tolerance develops, and it sounds like you're recently getting more stress in your life, so a doctor will understand if you need to increase dosage or switch meds.

yes you can find benzos online cheap and easy and without a script, but if you have a serious need it really should not be too hard to get them.

well, if you have insurance at least, which it sounds like you do. the main reason most of us are on here is lack of insurance

Guest doesit

Lack of insurance ? you do know that benzos cost about 20$ per 100-500mg depending on benzo in pharmacy,for manufacturers to make them its more like 0.01c per mg.

People choose IOPs because no doctor in their right mind wont prescribe anyone 2-4mgs for more then 3-4 weeks.So what happens then is people feel that meds do work on them,but they are cut of them so,to feed the habit one has to look other way,and in time that habit turns into addiction.Thats the hard reality.

• Members
SwedishChef1977

• Content Count:  298

No I have a lack in full coverage,but get in @Samaritan Hospital psychology,work payment plans out,but now thousands in debt from it ......

• V.I.P Member

• Group:  V.I.P Member
  • Content Count:  2,102

Welcome Zonk, be careful with dem benz. I had problems with them in the past. Took em for anxiety but they got the best of me. I was having bad panic attacks but  luckily my doc and I talked about it and now I take 100 mg of zoloft/day which really helps the anxiety and depresssiom too.I take xanax occassiona;y but only keep a very small amout on hand.

• 1 month later...
  • Members
Frank White

• Content Count:  75

hooter1, on 23 Apr 2013 - 18:00, said:

Take it from a guy who Benzos have helped for a LONG time....8 + years. Everyone knows that their effectiveness will reduce over time, Once upon a time in Cali. (they have very generous medical care there) I was up to 4-6 mg a day. The hard reality is that once in awhile you just HAVE to detox. Go cold turkey for just a couple of weeks, then after you no longer feel like you're going to die, I promise, the 1 mg will do the trick again.

The prob I have these days is that no doc (different State) will rx for more than a couple months, that's where a now defuct IOP came in handy...(go no more than 6 - 12 months), then detox....Have been healthy and holding steady on .5 to 1 mg day for about 3 years now doing this. As headbanger says, be careful with this, you DO NOT want to come off a 6mg a day habit. In extreme dosage, coming off the hard way could actually kill you

I know everyone's problems are different, but I cant see how any rational person would place themselves in this type of situation, and if you need to blame your doctor then IMO it's rather sad. Benzo dependence and withdrawal is fairly publicly known as one of the worst that there is. Why anyone willingly place themselves in a position to face that level of anxiety? If the pleasure of eating benzos is that 'worth it' to you then I think maybe there's a discipline issue.

The pharmaceutical industry is the most profitable industry in the US today. They have no concern about consumers and if you're unaware of their influence on physicians, both directly and indirectly (over 70% of medical texts studied in US universities are funded entirely by pharma corporations), then you have a bit too much faith in the current 'system'. My point is that doctors will prescribe not only without concern for your long term well-being, but also without proper knowledge as they've most likely never taken these drugs and the FDA testing is skewed (for example when alps or Xans were first tested there was a 90 day trial period, thus people who have taken the drug daily for years are living experiments for its long-term effects). Recently in my life, I had a doc try to prescribe a young family member the common ailment for ADHD: rit_alin. I had to pry out of him with questions what the active ingredient in the drug actually is, which is speed, or amphet_a_mine. Pretty awkward situation once he had to try to persuade a mother to give their 9 year old child speed on the daily... and this kind of thing happens thousands of times everyday in the States.

• Members
Frank White

hooter1 I don't wanna requote and create some mega post, so, in reply, I think that maybe you misunderstood what I was trying to express. I'll attempt to break it down -- and I really don't intend to be derisive here. You said "[a] long time ago, in a land far away I visited a doc for anxiety and this shaking thing. They rx'd benz's. After awhile they didn't work well anymore, so the doc upped the dose. This went on for awhile untill I wanted to try to just be "normal" again." What you just described is the process of physical addiction through dependence, further proven when you said, "[w]ell holy crap I got hit by a ton of bricks" essentially alluding to painful the withdrawal process I assume.

You then said, "[a]t the time, not only did I not know these were addictive, I knew nothing of what a BZ was." This to me is admitting that you ingested a substance multiple times a day, for an extended period of time without researching what that substance consisted of, or what effects it would have (long-term or short-term). I would be interested in the justification of this process as rational.

I'd like to now refer back to what I had stated: "My point is that doctors will prescribe not only without concern for your long term well-being, but also without proper knowledge as they've most likely never taken these drugs and the FDA testing is skewed..." and also "[t]he pharmaceutical industry is the most profitable industry in the US today. They have no concern about consumers and if you're unaware of their influence on physicians, both directly and indirectly (over 70% of medical texts studied in US universities are funded entirely by pharma corporations)."

Keeping that in mind, you said next "I went about a year without during which I went through the long list of rx's (Insert a dozen things here) but none of them came close to helping." Well, if those were prescribed by your doctor, then maybe what I claimed has some truth... Next what you said "[m]y advise to this dude was intended to bring light to the fact that you may be getting really, seriously, addicted without even knowing it." Since you said previously said that "[a]fter awhile they didn't work well anymore, so the doc upped the dose" I'm guessing that you now 'know' it. In general reference to my point, so will anyone who realizes the way the lovely pharmaceutical industry works and thus decides to do some research before committing to a prescription. Lastly, you said that "at this point, whenever I feel the need to take more and more, I take a couple of weeks, suffer through and detox myself, all the while continuing to live as human like as possible." My best possible response to that statement was what I said earlier: "I know everyone's problems are different, but I cant see how any rational person would place themselves in this type of situation, and if you need to blame your doctor then IMO it's rather sad. Benzo dependence and withdrawal is fairly publicly known as one of the worst that there is. Why anyone willingly place themselves in a position to face that level of anxiety? If the pleasure of eating benzos is that 'worth it' to you then I think maybe there's a discipline issue."

I don't think I misunderstood you, but maybe I didn't illustrate myself well enough. I welcome any further questions you have about my clarity.

And to Robin Hood; the last thing I want to do is offend you or anyone else on this forum. This place is miraculous and I look to you as a real leader with influence around here. I have unfortunately had too much experience with OC when they were still salt based (snortable). I choose to put myself through the cycle of physical addiction a few times knowing full well I was taking pharmaceutical grade her-o-in and what the effects would be. Now when I come across that drug family, I choose not to indulge in such a way. Additionally, I did not know that benzos came about as a solution for barbs. IMHO, that has to do with the way the 'system' works; it offers synthetic solutions for natural problems, and sometimes more synthetics to counteract things. Like maybe also methadone treatment for her-o-in.

Again, I don't wanna make anybody mad or butthurt, I have no medical background or anything...really just another dude ranting on some forum ha.

• Members
Frank White

I have immediately realized that this ^ is a megapost. I'm sorry.

• 2 weeks later...
  • V.I.P Member
Boo Radley

• Content Count:  831

Well FW why are you here then?  If you are anti ADD meds, anti benzo and don't want PK's because you have addiction to them whey are you here?  To find antibiotics?  It just seems like you're very anti med.  Thats cool but why join a site who's main goal is to help people with information on the aquisition and usage of said meds?

Dont get me wrong.  You are welcome here.  Just curious why you want to be.

• Members

• Content Count:  321

ive had a benzo problem for 12years and met done for 4 only just now trying to get off th met script but its not easy, i think people do benefit from benz if genuinely required but for social kicks its not a good idea thats hw mine started nw ive got a serious problem an no doctor will put me back on a script so i hav 2 get them myself.

just thought id share.

• Members
Frank White

Well FW why are you here then?  If you are anti ADD meds, anti benzo and don't want PK's because you have addiction to them whey are you here?  To find antibiotics?  It just seems like you're very anti med.  Thats cool but why join a site who's main goal is to help people with information on the aquisition and usage of said meds?

Dont get me wrong.  You are welcome here.  Just curious why you want to be.

Not sure why I came off as anti- any meds, let me try to explain myself a little better.

Boo, do you ever believe everything someone tells you, swallowing it completely whole without questioning it yourself? I certainly hope not. A member above had an experience were he sought out a doctor for some perceived health problems. This doctor gave him a pill to take to relieve his symptoms. Whether it worked or not, this individual continued to take to medication regularly, until an increase in dosage was needed due to a build in tolerance. The increases apparently continued until the member wanted to feel "normal", so he quit and experienced harsh physical and mental withdrawal. If we take time to educate ourselves on what we're regularly taking, this situation^ is completely avoidable to me, and I know this from personal experience. I feel like that illustrates "why join a site who's main goal is to help people with information on the aquisition and usage of said meds", especially in regards to the usage aspect. Also I'm here to acquire what I want for whatever it is I want it for, like everyone else I assume.

Thank you very much for letting me know I am welcomed, despite my 'radical' opinions at times.

And to ps2556: I am genuinely sorry that you're in that situation, but we do all have a free will.

Guys gals take it easy. Its a discussion forum there is no nead to act like you are 18 & about to get in a corner brawl!
Chill out a bit maybe take a val!
Cheers

• V.I.P Member
Boo Radley

• Content Count:  831

Lol RH! No Val's! Bad news! Must meditate and yoga or something. In redneckville "something" is skunk weed

• V.I.P Member
FrankieGirl

• Content Count:  634

Hey all,

Lets not forget one thing: A "long time ago" there were those of us, over an age that shall not be publicly stated here, ;-) that DID trust our doctors as the end all be all, simply because the internet, as it exists today, did not exist.

Today we have information at our fingertips that we did not have back then...in our homes, our cars and on our handheld phones while walking down the street. We also have TV programs that show the "reality" of things that again, just 25-30 short years ago did not exist.

My point being, don't assume that someone CHOSE to not educate themselves about something they were using, it could simply be that education / information was not as readily available at that time as it is today. Especially if they say "a long time ago". When I started using pharmaceuticals, the PDR was about all the info there was for the general population...and society simply trusted the man in the white coat to do what was in our best interest!!

Not so anymore, but the story is there to tell; the "damage done"...

FG

Archived